Feeling of Drawing

Today I started to draw again and I really enjoyed it. It made me really happy to see that I still have my talent. In my last post I said I love to draw which is true. I do love it, but it's been hard trying to motivate myself and to find the courage to do so.

Last year, around this time, I got a refusal letter from The Illustration and Design program at Dawson College. My portfolio I submitted wasn't my best work and they noticed that. After receiving that letter I felt like a failure. I felt like I wasn't good enough to do what I love to do. To draw. Ever since then, it has been really hard for me to lift a pencil. 

Occasionally when I would feel good about myself, I would try drawing something. Many times I wasn't trying and you can tell. But I usually post my drawings to Facebook and many people like and comment on it which makes me feel good, but it still isn't the motivation I need to draw. 

Today though, I was just listening to music on my iPad and then I got the urge to draw. That optimistic feeling I get that I can paint marvelous things. That is the feeling I love getting when I draw. It's the feeling that I missed. Anyways, when I got that awesome feeling I grabbed my sketch pad and started to draw. 


This is the drawing I did today. A rough drawing of 2 characters of mine that I am working on for a story (will write about in future post). It isn't the greatest. I am really proud of myself. I love the way they turned out. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hay Day Tips and Tricks Part 2

Hay Day Tips and Tricks Part 1

How To Draw Realistic Portraits